Accreditation of Training Programs by the College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
On December 24th 2022, the College of Physicians & Surgeon Pakistan (CPSP) accorded accreditation to Shalamar Hospital /Shalamar Medical & Dental College (SMDC) for FCPS training in following disciplines:
II. Plastic Surgery
III. Forensic Medicine
The accreditation was based on physical inspection conducted at the facility. The objective of the inspection was to evaluate the suitability and sufficiency of the following facilities at the institute for creation of an educational atmosphere to implement CPSP training program.
1) Appropriate resources including sufficient space and availability of technical and managerial staff for Clinical & Research work.
2) Teaching faculty with post fellowship teaching experience / eligible supervisor.
3) Availability of both basic / advanced equipment related to the speciality.
4) Clinical workload and case mix in the relevant field.
5) Proposed curriculum & plan for the implementation and subsequent evaluation.
6) Barring certain local differences, ensure the uniformity of training programmes being run all over the country.